Submit a Report for Cornell / Johnson, London Business School, NYU / Stern or UCLA / Anderson to Win an Amazon.com Gift Card!
Welcome back to this April’s first edition of Wiki Wednesdays, in which we highlight some of the latest interview reports added to the Clear Admit Wiki, an online repository for MBA applicants to share their experiences with admissions interviews. We’ve received a slew of great interview reports this past week, namely for: Columbia Business School, MIT / Sloan, Northwestern / Kellogg, Stanford GSB, UVA / Darden, Wharton and Yale School of Management. Let’s take a closer look at a couple of the newest reports before covering the contest!
A Round 2 candidate for MIT / Sloan shared the following questions from an interview with an adcom consultant:
- How did you manage to resolve a conflict situation and move the team forward?
- Tell me of a time when you set up a goal and moved towards achieving it.
- Tell me of a time when you took the risk and the outcome. What did you learn from it?
A Round 2 applicant to Stanford GSB recounted the following questions, as posed by an alumna:
- [Describe a] defining moment in your life.
- [Tell me about a] time you received constructive criticism and how you reacted. What did you learn?
- [Is there] anything about yourself you wished you could change?
- What is your leadership style?
- What drives you?
Thank you to everyone who has shared their interview experiences this season and helped fellow applicants! If you’re interested in sharing your experience, we’ll be awarding a $10 Amazon gift certificate to applicants that submit interview reports for Cornell / Johnson, London Business School, NYU / Stern or UCLA / Anderson through next Tuesday, April 13th! All you have to do is send us your interview field report for the selected schools for inclusion in the Wiki and we’ll send you a $10 Amazon gift certificate. You must send your interview report to firstname.lastname@example.org to be eligible; we’ll post it to the Wiki and notify the winners by e-mail (Limit: one gift card per person).
The most helpful and informative reports usually include the following information:
- Date/Admissions Round
- Description of visit and/or interview atmosphere
- Type of interview (alum vs. adcom, blind vs. application-based)
- List of interview questions
- Commentary (What did you think of the interview? What surprised you? What didn’t surprise you? What might you conclude about the school based on this experience?)
Applicants who would like to supplement the information available on the Wiki can check out our Clear Admit Interview Guides, which provide school-specific insight about admissions interviews. Best of luck to those wrapping up the admissions season with interviews!