Information on English Tests for International Applicants to Harvard Business School
In a recent post to her Director’s Blog, Harvard Business School (HBS) Director or Admissions Dee Leopold shared a few important updates for prospective international applicants who are beginning to think about applying for Round 1.
If English was not your primary language of instruction as an undergraduate, you will need to take an English test as part of your application process, Leopold wrote. HBS accepts scores from the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE (Pearson Test of English) for this purpose. To be considered for entry in September 2011, your scores must be dated January 1, 2009, or more recently, Leopold added.
“The Admissions Board will not accept or review applications without scores from one of these tests,” she wrote. “There are no exceptions to this policy,” she added. “None. Absolutely none.”
For students who have already submitted official test scores to HBS, those scores are on file with the admissions office. “All you need to do is self-report these on your application and you’re all set,” Leopold wrote.
Posted in: Admissions Tips
Schools: Harvard Business School
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
- MBA Admissions Mashup: Interviews, Women’s Preview Day, and Internships
- LBS MBA Student Named Future LGBT Leader by Financial Times
- U. Chicago Booth Interview Questions Report: Round 1/ Alumnus/ Off-Campus
- MIT Sloan Interview Questions Report: Round 2 / Adcom / Off-Campus Hub
- Submit an HBS, U. Chicago Booth, INSEAD or MIT Sloan MBA Interview Report – Receive a $10 Amazon Gift Card
- Impending MBA Interview? Latest Clear Admit Interview Guides Have All You Need to Prepare
GMAT: 700 GPA: 3
Post-MBA Career: Finance
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs
Providing a thorough understanding of the MBA admissions process at the top schools