Yale School of Management Extends Round 3 Deadline for Applicants from Japan
The deadline for the third application round at the Yale School of Management (SOM) was this week, but the school is offering a week-long extension to all applicants from Japan in light of the unspeakable tragedy unfolding there. “We can certainly be even more flexible given the circumstances,” Director of Admissions Bruce DelMonico added in an email.
DelMonico noted that his team has already directly emailed candidates they know are affected, but they are taking measures to share the information more widely in case there are additional candidates about whom they may not be aware.
“Certainly at a time like this applying to business school seems like a trivial thing and may be far from people’s minds right now, but we did want to do what we could here with what little we have in our control,” DelMonico wrote.
Those of us here at Clear Admit, too, have Japan in our thoughts as the nation grapples with the continuing devastating impacts of the earthquake and tsunami that struck last week.
Posted in: Deadlines
Schools: Yale SOM
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
- How This Saïd MBA Grad Is Helping Destroy Tax Jargon
- Top #MBA Tweets of the Week: #Leadership
- MBA Admissions Mashup: Interviews, Women’s Preview Day, and Internships
- LBS MBA Student Named Future LGBT Leader by Financial Times
- U. Chicago Booth Interview Questions Report: Round 1/ Alumnus/ Off-Campus
- MIT Sloan Interview Questions Report: Round 2 / Adcom / Off-Campus Hub
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs
Providing a thorough understanding of the MBA admissions process at the top schools