Spain’s IESE Business School Partners with CEIBS to Train More Business School Professors
Last month, Barcelona’s IESE Business School announced a partnership with the China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) that seeks to supply more business school professors for the fast-growing Asian MBA market, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
The new IESE-CEIBS doctoral program is set to launch in September and, the schools hope, will attract students from around the globe. The first two years of study will take place at IESE’s Barcelona campus as students work toward a Master of Research in Management. Students will spend the next three years at CEIBS in Shanghai working full-time on their theses. The program will be taught in English.
Africa Ariño, a strategic management professor and director of IESE’s Masters of Research in Management and Ph.D. programs, told the WSJ that the new program addresses a growing need for doctoral level management professors in China. Because China’s existing Ph.D. programs aren’t very strong, she expects demand for the new program to be great.
For the full Wall Street Journal article, click here.
Posted in: MBA News
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
- Top #MBA Tweets of the Week: #Leadership
- MBA Admissions Mashup: Interviews, Women’s Preview Day, and Internships
- LBS MBA Student Named Future LGBT Leader by Financial Times
- U. Chicago Booth Interview Questions Report: Round 1/ Alumnus/ Off-Campus
- MIT Sloan Interview Questions Report: Round 2 / Adcom / Off-Campus Hub
- Submit an HBS, U. Chicago Booth, INSEAD or MIT Sloan MBA Interview Report – Receive a $10 Amazon Gift Card
GMAT: 700 GPA: 3
Post-MBA Career: Finance
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs
Providing a thorough understanding of the MBA admissions process at the top schools