Wiki Wednesdays: Submit an MBA Interview Report from NYU / Stern, LBS, Oxford / Said, or Stanford and Win a $10 Amazon Gift Card!
Welcome again to Wiki Wednesdays, Clear Admit’s weekly summary of interview reports recently added to the Clear Admit Wiki! Round 2 interviews are in full swing at many MBA programs now, so we’ve received quite a few new additions for schools such as Dartmouth / Tuck, Chicago / Booth, and Northwestern / Kellogg. Earlier this week, a candidate for Stanford GSB sent us this account of a Round 2 interview with an alum:
“I interviewed today with an alum in New York City. We met at her office and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly, yet professional. The whole interview was very conversational and comfortable.
The interviewer started off by telling me about herself – where she went to undergrad, what she did after Stanford and what she did at her current job. Very high level. Then we dove into questions for me (see below).
- Why MBA?
- Why Stanford?
- Tell me about a challenging work experience? What did you learn?
- Tell me about a time when you failed or things did not go as planned? How did you respond?
- Tell me about a time when you took initiative and developed a project.
- What are your career goals?
- Are there any questions that I did not ask that you think I should have asked or pieces of information you think are critical for me to know?
- What questions do you have for me?
I asked her a few questions about why she went to Stanford, what her favorite part of the program was, and what advice she would give to an incoming student. Overall, I thought the interview flowed very well. She was very easy to talk to and there was no point in the convo where I felt uncomfortable or nervous. She took a lot of notes on my resume (which I had sent her beforehand, but it’s a good idea to take an extra copy just in case) and kept solid track of time to ensure we ended right around 45 minutes.”
Many thanks to all the applicants who have sent us their interview reports! If you’re interested in sharing your experience, we’ll be awarding a $10 Amazon gift certificate to applicants that submit interview reports for NYU / Stern, London Business School, Oxford / Said, or Stanford GSB through next Tuesday, February 22nd! All you have to do is send us your interview field report for the selected schools for inclusion in the Wiki and we’ll send you a $10 Amazon gift certificate. You must send your interview report to [email protected] to be eligible; we’ll post it to the Wiki and notify the winners by e-mail (Limit: one gift card per person).
The most helpful and informative reports usually include the following information:
- Date/Admissions Round
- Description of visit and/or interview atmosphere
- Type of interview (alum vs. adcom, blind vs. application-based)
- List of interview questions
- Commentary (What did you think of the interview? What surprised you? What didn’t surprise you? What might you conclude about the school based on this experience?)
Applicants who would like to supplement the information available on the Wiki can check out our Clear Admit Interview Guides, which provide school-specific insight about admissions interviews. Good luck in your interviews!