Wiki Wednesdays: Submit an MBA Interview Report from CMU / Tepper, Georgetown / McDonough, Michigan / Ross, or Wharton and Win a $10 Amazon Gift Card!
Welcome to another installment of Wiki Wednesdays, where we feature MBA interview accounts that have recently been added to the Clear Admit Wiki! This past week brought a heap of new interview reports for schools including UCLA / Anderson, UNC / Kenan-Flagler, UT Austin / McCombs, and Chicago / Booth. Also, a candidate for Berkeley / Haas sent in the following account of a Round 2 off-campus interview with an alum:
“Met the alum in a quiet restaurant. He was very nice and had a very conversational interview style:
- Introduce yourself / walk through resume
- Some detailed questions about my job – projects I had worked on, what were challenges, what were results (he seemed genuinely interested)
- Plans after Berkeley & why Berkeley
- Tell me about a time when you did something really innovative
- Tell me about a time when you had a conflict in a team – how did you deal with it
- Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group
Overall, no really tough questions or anything out of the ordinary. My impression was that the interview was rather to check personal fit with the program than to “test” my skills & experiences. We chatted for quite a long time after the interview about Berkeley and MBAs. He was extremely positive about his experience at the school and what he learned there – I left the interview with a very positive view on Haas.”
Thank you to everyone who has sent in an interview report! If you’re interested in sharing your experience, we’ll be awarding a $10 Amazon gift certificate to applicants that submit interview reports for CMU / Tepper, Georgetown / McDonough, Michigan / Ross, or Wharton through next Tuesday, March 8th! All you have to do is send us your interview field report for the selected schools for inclusion in the Wiki and we’ll send you a $10 Amazon gift certificate. You must send your interview report to [email protected] to be eligible; we’ll post it to the Wiki and notify the winners by e-mail (Limit: one gift card per person).
The most helpful and informative reports usually include the following information:
- Date/Admissions Round
- Description of visit and/or interview atmosphere
- Type of interview (alum vs. adcom, blind vs. application-based)
- List of interview questions
- Commentary (What did you think of the interview? What surprised you? What didn’t surprise you? What might you conclude about the school based on this experience?)
Applicants who would like to supplement the information available on the Wiki can check out our Clear Admit Interview Guides, which provide school-specific insight about admissions interviews. Good luck to all applicants currently undergoing interviews!