Longtime Wharton Vice Dean Leaves to Join Yale School of Management
Anjani Jain, vice dean of the MBA program for executives at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, will end a 26-year run at the Philadelphia business school to join the Yale School of Management (SOM) later this summer, Wharton Dean Thomas Robertson shared in an email to the Wharton community last week.
Jain, who began his tenure at Wharton as an adjunct faculty member in 1994, has served as vice dean and director of the Wharton Graduate Division and as vice dean of the Wharton MBA Program for Executives. In that time, he was won numerous teaching awards, including the Miller-Sherrerd Award for Teaching in the Core Curriculum, the Wharton Graduate Association MBA Core Curriculum Award, the Excellence in Teaching Award, the Wharton Graduate Association “Whatever It Takes” Award and the Howard E. Mitchell Award.
In his letter, Robertson praised Jain both for his contributions as a teacher and for his impact on building aspects of Wharton’s MBA programs. “Our Wharton MBA Program is considered to be one of the top three worldwide and Anjani has led the way for many years,” Roberston wrote, noting that Jain contributed to the development and implementation of the MBA course auction, changes to the student life programs and support and implementation of two curriculum revisions. As vice dean of the MBA program for electives, Jain’s role since 2010, he enlarged the applicant pool, broadened the number of electives and helped introduce Global Modular Courses, Robertson added.
Jain will assume his new role as senior associate dean at Yale School of Management effective July 1, 2012.
- Yale School of Management Revamps Leadership Development Program, Appoints New Director(clearadmit.com)
Posted in: Part-Time/EMBA News
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
- The MBA Juggle: An Anderson Student on Balancing Social, Academic, and Career Aspects of B-School
- Yale SOM Interview Questions & Report: Round 2/ Video Questions/ Online
- Cornell Johnson MBA Interview Questions & Report: Round 1 / Second-year student/ Skype
- 20 Cities Make Amazon HQ2 Shortlist—What It Could Mean for MBA Students
- 145,000 Reasons to Consider Making Your Post-MBA Career with Visa Inc.
- Top #MBA Tweets Spotlight: Michigan / Ross
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs
Providing a thorough understanding of the MBA admissions process at the top schools