Anonymous Donor Pledges $25 Million to Columbia Business School
Construction of Columbia Business School (CBS)’s new home on the Manhattanville campus has received a major boost in the form of a large gift from an anonymous donor, the school announced today. The gift will also support the school’s Social Enterprise Program.
Of the total $25 million gift, $23.25 million will go toward construction of the new Manhattanville facilities, designed by celebrated New York architecture firm Diller Scofidio + Renfro. The new home for the business school is intended to create a sense of community though multifunctional spaces where students, faculty, alumni and others can exchange ideas. Moreover, it will “reflect the fast-paced, high-tech, and highly social character of business in the 21st century,” the school states.
The Social Enterprises Program, which helps students apply business skills to social enterprise endeavors, will receive the remaining $1.75 million of the anonymous gift.
This most recent gift marks the third major donation CBS has received in support of the campus expansion. Henry Kravis ’69 of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) pledged $100 million in October 2010, and Leon Cooperman ’67, chairman and CEO of Omega Advisors, donated $25 million in April. Both Kravis and Cooperman are members of the CBS Board of Overseers.
Learn more about CBS’s planned new home on the Manhattanville campus.
- Admissions Director Q&A: Columbia Business School’s Mary Miller (clearadmit.com)
- Columbia Business School Establishes New Soho Work Space for Entrepreneurial Grads (clearadmit.com)
Posted in: MBA News
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
- Northwestern / Kellogg Interview Questions & Report: Round one / Ad com / Skype.
- Decision Time for Leading MBA Programs R1 Apps – Join The Chat!
- GMAT Tip: Precarious Prepositions
- Can Stanford MBA Grads’ Pay Climb Any Higher?
- Georgetown McDonough Offers New FinTech Elective
- INSEAD Tops Bloomberg Businessweek Ranking of International MBA Programs
In-depth profiles of leading MBA programs in the U.S. and abroad
Step-by-step guides for the entire application process
Resources covering school-specific interview information, questions and strategy
FREE overviews of the world's leading graduate business programs
Providing a thorough understanding of the MBA admissions process at the top schools