Welcome back to From the MBA Interview Archives, where we highlight the most in-depth and insightful MBA interview reports submitted to the Clear Admit Archive!
You still have some time to earn a $10 Amazon Gift for submitting a Yale SOM, NYU / Stern, Stanford GSB, Dartmouth / Tuck, Michigan / Ross Interview Report. The eligibility deadline is tomorrow (Sunday, January 31, 2015) at 11:59PM EST. See eligibility requirements at the end of this post.
The following is an excerpt from a Stanford GSB Interview Report we received this week:
“As we sat in the quiet cafe, she apologized for being late and explained how the interview would go. She said it’ll be a behavioral interview, that it is blind, and asked for a paper copy of my résumé. She said that nothing I say will be taken at face value, but that she’ll dive deep into the experiences. She said we have 45 minutes for this including 10 minutes for me to ask her questions. She said Stanford discourages for interviewer and candidate to be in touch post-interview, at the least until the results are out, and that she’ll not be able to give any feedback about how the interview went. Said she’ll introduce herself, then move on to me. Once I gave her my résumé, she quickly glanced through it and seemed to have profiled my work-experience.
As a reminder, along with this weekly post, we’re hosting a contest for the best interview report(s). Every month, you’ll have a chance to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card, just by sharing your interview experience.
Through the month of January submit your report from the 2015-2016 MBA admissions season for any of the top schools that Clear Admit covers. We will choose the best 5 reports that will be put up for a vote by you – the applicant community. On the second Friday of the following month (February 8), we’ll announce the winning report for the Best Interview Report Award.
To be eligible for a prize, please include the following information in your report*:
1. Date/Admissions Round/Who interviewed you (student, alum, or adcom)?
2. Description of visit and/or interview atmosphere
3. Type of interview (alum vs. adcom, blind vs. application-based)
4. List of interview questions
5. Commentary (What did you think of the interview? What surprised you? What didn’t surprise you? What might you conclude about the school based on this experience? Did you receive an admissions decision?)
6. In order to be eligible to receive the prize, please provide your email. This information will be kept strictly confidential. This is solely for the purpose of awarding the prize.
*Clear Admit reserves the right to fact check all interview reports to ensure accuracy and eligibility for this prize.
Preparing for an upcoming interview? Click here to browse the Clear Admit Interview Guides.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.