Following up on the release of the 2018-2019 deadlines, the NYU MBA admissions committee has announce the 2018-2019 Stern essay questions for applicants targeting the NYU MBA Class of 2021.
2018-2019 NYU Stern Essay Questions
NYU Stern Essays for Fall, Summer and Spring 2019 Questions:
Essay 1: Professional Aspirations (500 words maximum)
- What are your short and long-term career goals?
- How will the MBA help you achieve them?
Essay 2: Personal Expression (a.k.a. “Pick Six”)
Describe yourself to the Admissions Committee and to your future classmates using six images and corresponding captions. Your uploaded PDF should contain all of the following elements:
- A brief introduction or overview of your “Pick Six” (no more than 3 sentences).
- Six images that help illustrate who you are.
- A one-sentence caption for each of the six images that helps explain why they were selected and are significant to you.
Note: Your visuals may include photos, infographics, drawings, or any other images that best describe you. Your document must be uploaded as a single PDF. The essay cannot be sent in physical form or be linked to a website.
Essay 3: Additional Information (Optional Essay) (250 words)
Please provide any additional information that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. This may include current or past gaps in employment, further explanation of your undergraduate record or self-reported academic transcript(s), plans to retake the GMAT, GRE, IELTS or TOEFL, or any other relevant information.