Harvard Announces MBA Admissions Deadlines for 2020-2021
- Round 1: September 8th, 2020
- Round 2: January 5th, 2021
All application materials are due by noon ET the day of the deadline. For the 2020-2021 admissions cycle, the Round 1 notification date is December 10th and applicants in Round 2 can expect decision notifications on March 30th, 2021.
The new 2+2 application deadline has yet to be announced, as current 2+2 applicants have until June 1st, 2020, to submit their applications.
From the Director of Admissions
In the post announcing the deadlines in the Direct from the Director admissions blog, HBS Director of Admissions, Chad Losee, also addressed prospective applicants:
“We understand that these are difficult times globally and that many of you have been affected personally by the pandemic. Please know that we always review applications holistically and understand that many plans, employment opportunities, and personal situations have been disrupted by COVID-19. Of course we will take this most unusual of times into account as we evaluate your application.
“The application will open up again in mid-June 2020, but in the meantime feel free to download our Application Guide to learn more about what’s inside. Amidst all the uncertainty globally, we plan to minimize changes in our application process this year. For now, I can let you know that our one essay prompt will remain, “As we review your application, what more would you like us to know as we consider your candidacy for the Harvard Business School MBA program?”
“Thanks for your interest in HBS, and please be well.”
- Prepare for the HBS application with our expert Essay Topic Analysis.
- Join the Harvard MBA chat to engage fellow applicants.
- Visit MBA LiveWire for the latest “buzz” about MBA admissions, including interview invitations and decision notifications. There are 5 Ways MBA LiveWire Helps You Navigate Admissions.
- Access MBA ApplyWire to explore the application strategies of fellow candidates. Add your plan and get quick feedback on your profile.
- Explore MBA DecisionWire to see how your target MBA programs stack up with their peer schools based on previous candidates’ choices. The filter option is available for registered users.