The interviewer had read my entire application and started it off by asking me about one of pictures in my Pick 6. After chatting about it for a little while, we moved to the rest of the interview. The tone of the interview was very conversational and friendly.
Since the interviewer had read my entire application prior to us meeting, the questions were a bit more targeted than the typical “walk me through your resume.” Below are some of the questions I was asked:
– What stands out to you most in your work experience?
– Discuss a time you displayed leadership.
– Why do you want an MBA to reach your goals?
– Why do you think Stern is a good fit for you?
– What is your plan B if you don’t successfully recruit for your intended field?
– Which consulting firms are you targeting and why?
Then I was given some time to ask questions at the end. I think it was important to keep the conversation moving so if I couldn’t naturally fit in an aspect of my background, I just moved on. I was able to weave in most of what I wanted though!