Are your recommenders ready? Our clients have started submitting their requests for Yale School of Management. Stay ahead of the curve. Check out the full list of Yale’s recommendation questions, collected and confirmed by Clear Admit.
Please write an assessment of the applicant that addresses the prompts below. We are looking for your candid and accurate assessment of the applicant’s potential to be a successful leader and what specific traits the applicant possesses that evidence this potential. Please be as specific as possible and use concrete examples where applicable. Do not incorporate anything drafted by the candidate in your recommendation or have the candidate submit the recommendation on your behalf.
- Please comment briefly on the context of your interaction with the applicant. If applicable, describe the applicant’s role in your organization.
- How do the candidate’s performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
Leadership Behavior Grid
Please assess the candidate on the following skills/qualities, on a scale from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest).
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Influence and Collaboration
- Information Seeking
- Developing Others
- Change Leadership
- Respect for Others
Based on your professional experience, how would you rank this candidate compared to his/her peer group?
- The best encountered in my career
- Outstanding (top 5%)
- Excellent (top 10%)
- Very good (well above average)
- Below Average
- Recommend enthusiastically
- Recommend with reservations
- Do not recommend