This is a note about U.S. region data for our Top MBA Program Career Placement Outcomes series. In the MBA employment reports, each business school that is a member of the MBACSEA agrees to follow these guidelines regarding what states comprise a U.S. region. Here are the regions:
- Mid-Atlantic: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia.
- Midwest: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin.
- Northeast: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont.
- South: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee.
- Southwest: Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas.
- West: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.
These U.S. regions can be seen visually here, using the Duke Fuqua example from the 2021 Fuqua employment report.