- Union President at my department for over 5 years, raising funds for union members and families with financial/ emotional hardship, organizing children's events, teambuilding events.
- Captain of current project's soccer team
- Red Cross volunteer for 18 months in the US, taking care of blood donors before and after donation process.
- Company size: 2000-5000, revenue: $100-300MM annually, work with global clients
- Managing oil and gas projects (constructing offshore platforms) in terms of commercial and contractual issues, resolving disputes with clients, collaborating with project team to deliver project successfully.
- 3 promotions: Estimator, to Lead Estimator, to Project Control Lead, to Project Control Manager. Salaries x2.5 after 6 years.
- Part of project team that won several major projects for the company ($1B domestic gas-processing platforms, $400MM wind-power offshore platform)
Short Term Goal:
- Portfolio Manager in a renewable developer (such as Orsted, GE)
Long Term Goal:
- Return to Vietnam to work in the Energy industry, transforming oil and gas business into renewables.
- 1st gen college student
- 31 years old at matriculating in fall 2024
- Family background ties to USA-Vietnam War
Wanted to ask how my profile will fare at these schools (R2 application) as it has a mix of red and green flags:
a) Low GPA in college, albeit at a top 5 engineering school in India, have strong extra curriculars in college
b) Low experience (3 years when I join any MBA program); but working in the investments team of a telecom tower company backed by Mega PE fund, international role working on ground in developing economies, experience with successful buyout deals, strong referrals and strong projects (Revenue generation of $10mn+/year), Exposure to renewable space such as solar, wind, biomass etc.
c) No volunteering experience
d) Indian male (Obvious)
- strong ECs: UG President, co-founded nonprofit for 3 years, nonprofit board fellow
- content creator with large following + income
- various leadership roles in work at Big4
Applied on Sep 08th