Cambridge / Judge MBA Recommendation Questions
The application to the Cambridge MBA program at Judge Business School requires a single recommendation, preferably from a manager or supervisor. They do not accept academic references or those from peers or colleagues. If you are an entrepreneur, own your own business, or work for a family business, you can select a supplier or client. The Cambridge MBA recommendation questions for 2023-2024 intake are below.
2023-2024 Cambridge MBA Recommendation Questions
Contact information for recommender
Length of time you have known the applicant?
In what capacity have you known the applicant?
Rate the applicant
Please use the table below to appraise the applicant in the context of her or his peer group.
- Number in peer group
- Applicant’s ranking within peer group
The form then asks recommenders to rate the applicant on a series of character and leadership traits on the following scale: Below average, Average (top 50%), Good (top 25%), Outstanding (top 10%), Exceptional (top 2%), Insufficient information.
- Ability to work with others
- Analytical skills
- Written communication skills
- Oral communication skills
- Leadership potential
- Responsibility for own action
- Quantitative numerical skill
Please also provide us with a one-two page letter of reference for the candidate. Please tell us anything that you think will help the Admissions Committee evaluate the candidate’s application, but in particular we would like you to address the following issues:
The applicant has identified you as the following reference type: Supervisor
Please complete the following if you are a Supervisor
- Elaborate and/or provide us with concrete examples if you have rated the applicant as below average, outstanding or exceptional on any of the qualities in the ‘Rate the Applicant’ Section.
- Describe what you like most and least about working with the applicant.
- Tell us about any particular weakness the candidate has compared to other peers/team members that you regularly work with.
- Describe the applicant’s attitude and behaviour when working with: (a) managers/supervisors (b) peers (c) subordinates.
- Suggest what you think the applicant will be doing in ten years.
Please upload your reference letter here