The Chicago Booth MBA application is now live, meaning that the Booth MBA recommendation questions for the 2022-2023 admissions season are now available for applicants and recommenders. Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation, one from a current supervisor, and one from someone who has worked with you in a professional capacity, organization or club, or volunteer project.
2022-2023 Chicago Booth MBA Recommendation Questions
Recommenders are asked to provide a bit of context on their backgrounds and relationship with the applicant, to rate the applicant’s skills and qualities via a grid, and to provide a letter that addresses two required questions:
- How do the applicant’s performance, potential, background, or personal qualities compare with those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
- What is the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant? Please describe the circumstances, your feedback, and the applicant’s response.
Recommenders are asked to rate the candidate on a handful of leadership traits and skills on the following scale: Unable to Assess, Area of Concern, Opportunity for Development, Solid/Meets Expectations, Strength/Exceeds Expectations.
Please assess the candidate’s skills in the following areas. Your honest and candid assessment greatly helps the Admissions Committee in evaluating the candidate.
Most candidates will have a range of marks; it is extremely rare for a candidate to exceed expectations in all areas.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Demonstration of empathy for others
- Openness to feedback and constructive criticism
- Interpersonal skills (with colleagues/subordinates)
- Interpersonal skills (with superiors/executives)
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Problem Solving Skills
Based on your professional experience, how does the applicant rate within his or her peer group?
- Best in Career
- Truly Exceptional (top 5%)
- Outstanding (top 10%)
- Very Good (top 25%)
- Average (top 50%)
- Below Average
- Unable to Assess
Please indicate the reference group for this comparison.
- Enthusiastically recommend this candidate
- Recommend this candidate
- Recommend this candidate with reservations
- Do not recommend this candidate