The Chicago Booth MBA application is now live, meaning that the Booth MBA recommendation questions are now available for applicants targeting Chicago for the 2020-2021 admissions season.
2020-2021 Chicago Booth MBA Recommendation Questions
Recommenders are asked to provide a bit of context on their backgrounds and relationship with the applicant, to rate the applicant’s skills and qualities via a grid, and to provide a letter that addresses two required questions:
- How do the applicant’s performance, potential, background, or personal qualities compare with those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
- Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
Recommenders are asked to rate the candidate on a handful of leadership traits and skills on the following scale: Unable to Assess, Area of Concern, Opportunity for Development, Solid/Meets Expectations, Strength/Exceeds Expectations.
Please assess the candidate’s skills in the following areas. Your honest and candid assessment greatly helps the Admissions Committee in evaluating the candidate.
Most candidates will have a range of marks; it is extremely rare for a candidate to exceed expectations in all areas.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Awareness of self and others
- Openness to feedback and constructive criticism
- Interpersonal skills (with colleagues/subordinates)
- Interpersonal skills (with superiors/executives)
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Problem Solving Skills
Based on your professional experience, how does the applicant rate within his or her peer group?
- Best in Career
- Truly Exceptional (top 5%)
- Outstanding (top 10%)
- Very Good (top 25%)
- Average (top 50%)
- Below Average
- Unable to Assess
Please indicate the reference group for this comparison.
- Enthusiastically recommend this candidate
- Recommend this candidate
- Recommend this candidate with reservations
- Do not recommend this candidate