Chicago Booth MBA Recommendation Questions
The Chicago Booth MBA application is now live, meaning that the Booth MBA recommendation questions for the 2023-2024 admissions season are now available for applicants and recommenders. Applicants must provide two letters of recommendation, one from a current supervisor, and one from someone who has worked with you in a professional capacity, organization or club, or volunteer project.
2023-2024 Chicago Booth MBA Recommendation Questions
- Contact information
- Relationship to applicant
- How long have you known the applicant?
- Do you have an MBA degree?
- Are you in any way affiliated with The University of Chicago or Chicago Booth?
Recommenders are asked to rate the candidate on a handful of leadership traits and skills on the following scale: Unable to Assess, Area of Concern, Opportunity for Development, Solid/Meets Expectations, Strength/Exceeds Expectations.
Please assess the candidate’s skills in the following areas. Your honest and candid assessment greatly helps the Admissions Committee in evaluating the candidate. Most candidates will have a range of marks; it is extremely rare for a candidate to exceed expectations in all areas.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Openness to feedback and constructive criticism
- Interpersonal skills with colleagues/subordinates
- Interpersonal skills with superiors/executives
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Respect for diverse perspectives
- Capacity to lead
Based on your professional experience, how does the applicant rate within his or her peer group?
- Best in Career
- Truly Exceptional (top 5%)
- Outstanding (top 10%)
- Very Good (top 25%)
- Average (top 50%)
- Below Average
- Unable to Assess
Please indicate the reference group for this comparison.
- Enthusiastically recommend this candidate
- Recommend this candidate
- Recommend this candidate with reservations
- Do not recommend this candidate
Letter of Recommendation
Please provide a written letter of recommendation in support of the applicant addressing the following questions:
- How do the applicant’s performance, potential, background, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified candidates in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
- Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.