I’m a sponsored candidate and am applying to 1-year programs where possible: Kellogg, Emory, Cornell, NYU
Looking to Pivot into consulting, undergrad was in healthcare management, worked in compliance at a top investment bank, and tech startup in strategic sales ops function. How possible is it to recruit for top MBB firm. Also, managerial experience running a family business for 4 years.
Applying to the 1 year MSx program
1. Undergraduate qualifying law program (LL.B) at a top 5 National Law University in India
2. Co-founder, India's first legal aid citizenship cell (We have advised and helped 500+ migrants in India with their citizenship and residence applications, including representing them at the Foreigners Legal Tribunal in India)
3. Heading to a big law firm's Insolvency & restructuring team in Mumbai (India does not allow foreign law firms to operate in India, therefore, we have large local law firms)
4. Admitted to the Bar in India
5. Started a virtual arbitration platform for Insolvency matters that decreased the average time for disposal of a case by 10 times (Had to be shut down because regulatory changes made it illegal to offer private dispute resolution service in India)
6. Represented India at the United Nations in a cross border insolvency conference
7. Multiple Research paper publications in reputed journals (one of my papers that was published in a Yale Law journal has been cited 50+ times)
8. Co-authored a textbook on Insolvency and bankruptcy law that is now prescribed as a textbook in at least 2 universities in India.
9. Internship experience in India, the USA, UK, and Italy (all law-related internships, including one at the United Nations)
Short-term Goals- Use my Insolvency and restructuring law experience to pivot to restructuring investment banking.
Long-term Goal: Start my own distressed asset investment firm in India.
Invited for pre-recorded video interview. They say that due to student and alumni availability, all live remote interview times have been booked.