The application deadline was January 5th, and I did my interview on the 12th. All applicants must take the Video Assessment as part of their requirements after submitting the rest of the application by the deadlines. I have not heard about a decision one way or another yet.
Here are the questions to the best of my memory:
1. Tell me about a time when you failed. What did you learn from it?
2. What do you expect to get out of the McCombs MBA program? What do you expect will challenge you?
3. Tell me about a time you were on a project team and one member of the team was introverted/shy. How did you get him/her involved and what was the result?
4. What are your immediate career goals and backup plan?
5. What is your proudest accomplishment?
6. Tell me about a project you spearheaded where you had to use multiple types of leadership. What was the result?
7. Tell me about a complex problem you solved. How did you solve it?
I was a little worried about this interview since it was all virtual and I wouldn’t get any human-human feedback. It was a pretty relaxed experience overall. McCombs tells you that you will be asked seven behavioral type questions. For each question, you will get 30 seconds to think about your answer, then up to 3 minutes to answer.
The technology they used was a platform called Kira that was very easy to use and had no glitches. I also got unlimited practice questions to get comfortable with how the system would be used. There were no surprises on the real thing.
I still suggest that future applicants rehearse very well, and look up McCombs’ values to center your answers around highlighting those aspects of yourself before signing on. Overall a good experience.