The following SMU Cox interview report was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 2 applicant.
The interview was a good experience. I had a Skype interview with a member from adcom. He was very friendly and interview was basically conversational. He already knew everything about me through my essays.
I was asked the following questions
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why MBA at this point of time?
- Why Cox?
- You have lot of experience in social service. What do you want to do in future to give back to the society?
- What are my short/long term goals?
- How will you achieve you short term and long term goals?
- What was your job profile in real estate firm you worked in and why did you leave that job?
- Which are your target companies post-MBA?
What surprised me? I thought I would be nervous during the interview. But the interviewer made me feel so comfortable and it felt like a normal conversation throughout.
What didn’t surprise me? The questions were basic interview questions and all they wanted to know was whether I was clear about my goals.
Conclusion about Cox:
Cox is a great school. I have heard a lot about the schools on blogs and internet. The interview experience was great. They offer good scholarships and I am awaiting the decision now. It would be a great opportunity for me to study in SMU Cox with scholarship.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.