My interviewer was a 2007 CBS Alum. He was friendly and cordial via email, and very flexible when setting the time and location. Ultimately, we decided on this past Friday, October 25th, at 5:30pm. He thought of a few different places to have the interview and then he asked if we could do it in his home for a quieter setting.
Given the location and his vibe thus far, it did end up being as I expected – conversational and less formal. He asked the following questions:
– Tell me about yourself/what are your interests and hobbies
– What do you think of the application process so far? Anything CBS does well or could do to improve?
– Walk me through your resume (here, he jumped in whenever he found something interesting or wanted elaboration)
– Why do you want to make the transition to business school? Why do you think you are ready for business school? Why now? Why Columbia?
– What is your immediate post-MBA goal and long term goal?
– Any questions for me?