The interview was in some company’s conference room, but was very conversational in business casual. I had not much in common with the alumni besides a hobby. Although the alumna had graduated in the mid 90’s, she knew where Stanford was headed and wanted to re-live the experience again. The first 35-40 minutes I was asked questions and each story dug deep into what I felt, said & did. The way questions were put forth, they were all related to work (did not get a chance to share personal stories). Hence, I had to come up with some stories from work in the spur of the moment.
1) What was your major accomplishment at company XYZ?
2) A time when you saw an opportunity others did not or you did something merely out of passion
3) As part of company X, tell me a time when you were part of a team that did not perform well
4) Tell me a time when you were part of a team that din’t gel well or there was poor leadership
5) Why MBA
6) Why Stanford
7) Questions for me
8) Anything else you would like to add