The following NYU / Stern interview report was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant. Good luck to them!
I arrived about a half hour early. The adcom was also on time and we got off right away. It started casual: she asked me if I had been there before and if I had plans to do any other activities there (I did lunch with a student and took a class, both recommended). Then she took out my résumé started asking questions about it, but I took the initiative and told her I’d be better if I described the trajectory in order. From then on:
1. Walk me through your résumé.
2. Why Stern? What do you like about Stern?
3. Why do you want to do an MBA at this point?
4. What do you want to do after the MBA?
5. What would be the top three placed you’d like to work in after graduation
6. When you are applying to jobs while at Stern, what part of the process do you think might be the most difficult for you? (I think this is an unusual question)
7. What would you say is your main weakness?
8. NYU Stern has 4 core values. What would you say are your own 4 core values?
Then they asked me if I had any questions. The interview went well but nothing out of the ordinary. I was moderately nervous, but not too much. After the interview the adcom was quick to dismiss me. Hopefully not a bad sign, just a sign that she was in a hurry. I still have not heard from NYU yet.
Preparing for an upcoming interview at NYU Stern? Click here to get the Clear Admit NYU Stern Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.