The following U. Maryland / Smith MBA interview report was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 2 applicant who was admitted. Congratulations to them!
I interviewed early January and have since been accepted and awarded 61K in scholarship but thought better late than never in providing feedback. Students were on winter break and for that reason I did not get to get meet with students and in retrospect would like to have interviewed once semester had started up. I interviewed with Adcom. She had read my entire application. We bonded over Brazil my home country and one of her favorite destinations. The entire interview was extremely conversational and pleasant.
Questions asked are as follows:
- She asked me to tell her about myself personally and professionally.
- A story of leadership and how I motivate a team.
- Asked me what my long term and short term goals are?
- What types of companies would I like to work for after school?
- Why Smith?
- Ended by giving me an opportunity to ask questions.
At times I was concerned that we were getting off on too many tangents and she was not asking all the questions she had to ask me but she reassured me she had everything she needed. After the interview she gave me a tour of the building. Overall the entire experience lasted about an hour and a half.