The following Oxford / Saïd MBA interview report was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 3 applicant who was admitted. Congratulations to them!
I interviewed on-campus at Oxford Saïd with ~30 other candidates who had traveled to Oxford from all over the world. Interviews lasted 30 mins – spread throughout the day – and were all with ad-com. The ad-com I interviewed with had read my entire application, and referred to it on her laptop while we were talking.
Her questions were pretty straight forward:
• Why an MBA now?
• Tell me about what you’ve learned from previous jobs (my background is non-traditional so I had to make the connection to what I wanted to get out of business school)
• What motivated you to switch careers?
• What do I want to do post-MBA?
• Tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from it.
• Tell me about your greatest accomplishment.
• Why Oxford Saïd?
• What other schools did you apply to?
• What questions do you have for me?
The overall interview was quite conversational and I felt like I established good rapport with her.
When we weren’t interviewing, we had information sessions about Oxford Saïd, Career Services, the GOTO class, Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, and even one from Prodigy Finance (the student loan company). We got to have lunch with current students, then went on a tour of the Said building. At the end, we were given bus tickets for the Oxford Hop-on-Hop-off bus to tour the whole campus, which was very beautiful.
Result: Found out I was accepted less than 2 weeks after the interview day.
After your Oxford / Saïd MBA interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.