The following U. Chicago Booth interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant. Good luck to them!
Interviewer had access to resume but not any other part of application. Setting was in a room in the admissions office. Interviewer was a second-year student who started off by talking about his work experience before Booth and his internship experience at Booth. He left about 5 mins at end for me to ask questions of him. The entire experience was about 45 minutes. Tone was conversational.
Interview questions as best I remember them:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me a time you had to deal with conflict at work.
- Tell me a time you had to convince someone who disagreed with you of something.
- Tell me a time you tried really hard and failed.
- (Many follow-ups to these – what would you do differently next time? What did you learn?)
- What are you hoping to gain from MBA? (I am not a career-switcher)
- Why Booth as opposed to another school?
- (after I mentioned liking pay-it-forward culture) How do you see yourself paying it forward?
Preparing for an upcoming U. Chicago Booth interview? Click here to get the Clear Admit U. Chicago Booth Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.