Chicago Booth Interview Questions & Report: Round 2 / Alumnus / Off-campus
The following U. Chicago Booth interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 2 applicant. Good luck to them!
I interviewed with Suresh Sugavanam, Booth Alum ’02 in his office (UL India) in Bangalore, India. The interview was conversational, more focused on understanding my background and inclination towards Booth MBA. List of questions:
1. Introduce yourself.
2. Why Consulting post Engineering school?
3. Why Start-up after consulting? What did you learn?
4. Why present job at growth stage tech company? What are your responsibilities and challenges?
5. What are your short term career plans?
6. Why MBA?
7. Why Booth?
8. Tell me a time where you failed? What was your learning?
9. What do you do outside of work? How does it help you in your job?
10. Anything else that we should cover?
11. Any questions for me?
Apart from these questions, there were many talking points – where we deep dived into what my startup was – where we reached in our journey. On every question, the interviewer pitched in with his experience, which made the experience nice. The interviewer also expressed how Booth helped him in different stages of his career journey. Overall a great experience.
Preparing for an upcoming U. Chicago Booth interview? Click here to get the Clear Admit U. Chicago Booth Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.
Have an interview coming up?
Get the school-specific advice and strategy, a comprehensive list of sample questions, and in-depth analysis you need to ace your MBA interview.