The following CMU Tepper interview questions & report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 2 applicant. Good luck to them!
1. I’ve read through your resume, could you tell me about your current position with your company?
2. What are you interested in doing next, after your MBA? (read what are your career goals)
3. Tell me about a time you worked in a team setting where you had to compromise for the team to succeed
4. Tell me about a situation where a team member disagreed with you and how you deal with it
5. Tell me about your experience working with a diverse team with different backgrounds from you
6. Describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge at work
7. Questions for me [that’s it, there were only 7 questions]
Overall it was fairly short, about 25 minutes of questions followed by 15 minutes of me asking questions and holding a general back and forth conversation. Tepper interviews are very behavioral, so you really wont have much opportunity to delivery the traditional questions/answers of walk me through your resume, career goals, why MBA/why now, what will you contribute, therefore you need to find strategic ways to fit in your key messaging. Have your stories ready, especially multiple teamwork stories. I spoke with 3 other students who were interviewed the same day and their feedback was similar; it’s very conversational and behavioral.