A Rochester / Simon MBA interview questions and report submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 MBA applicant.
The interview was extremely conversational, we started with at least 15-20 minutes discussing her visit to my country (Dec 2018) and my travel to this city (I drove into the city that morning). The interview was held in a hotel lobby coffee shop (anyone could have heard what we were talking about though no one was really interested). The adcom member was very nice and explained beforehand that the interview would be 45 min long and that she had not seen my application material except for my resume (she already had a copy). And she explained to me who she was and what she had done before joining adcom etc.
- Introduce yourself
- Have you ever traveled to USA or any other country?
- Why MBA? Short and Long term goals? Why now? Why SIMON?
- Who else have you spoken to at Simon? (I think I mentioned someones name an this was a followup)
- What are your greatest strengths? What is your weakness? How have you improved?
- Behavioral question on leadership? (I think it was about dealing with difficult people)
- Talk about your extracurricular activities. She really wanted to talk about these.
- Do you have any questions for me?
I was surprised by how conversational the interview was, there was little structure, even though I have written questions here, it never felt like a question and answer session we both talked and we had a discussion of my goals and how Simon could help me achieve them.
Impressions: Very impressed by the Simon STEM certified program, I feel like this program is going to help Simon attract a lot of awesome students.
Just be yourself and you should be able to succeed.
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your Rochester / Simon MBA admissions interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources: