After participating in the information session on campus at Booth, I waited for my interviewer at the admission office. My interviewer was a second-year student, who was sponsored by a consulting firm. We started small talks about my interview trip. (Note that I am an international applicant who had a long flight from my hometown.)
- Tell me about yourself
- My role in the current employer (I think she asked this because I recently moved to a new company.)
- Conflicts at the current working place (This question is also related to #2)
- Tell me about your experience when you helped other people.
- Tell me about a time when you failed.
- Why MBA and why now?
- Why Booth specifically?
- What classes/club activities are you interested in?
- Questions for me?
I tried to show her how much I researched the school and connected with current students. Overall, the interview was very conversational and stretched from professional stuff to personal aspects. I am now waiting for the result. Hope to hear good news from Chicago.
Preparing for an upcoming Chicago / Booth MBA Interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit Chicago Booth Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching Booth’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from Chicago Booth MBA applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Blind vs. Non-blind Interviews
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.