The interview was taken by a member of the Adcom. The total interview lasted approximately 27 minutes. The Adcom started by introducing herself and made it clear to me that she had not gone through my application and only had my resume with her. The interview as very conversational and the Adcom was very polite and courteous throughout.
- Why MBA?
- Why MBA now?
- Tell me about your current job.
- Leadership style – an example of the same.
- Greatest achievement.
- Crucial feedback received.
- Global experience.
- Positives from global – Negatives from global.
- Why Georgetown.
- Short term and long term – Explain in detail short and long term goals.
- Which other business schools have you applied to?
All of the above questions were asked in a duration of around 22 minutes approximately. Then the Adcom asked if I had any questions for her. It took approximately 5 minutes for the Adcom to answer my questions.
Overall the interview was comfortable, pleasant and very conversational. Often one question led to another.
- Make sure you have zoom preinstalled on your laptop. Make sure you have entered the conference Id and are awaiting the Interviewer to start the session.
- Be dressed in business attire.
- Smil and be natural.
- If you are asked a question that you have not prepared, take a few seconds to think and then answer, don’t be in a rush to answer any question.
- Keep a list of questions prepared, that you want to ask the Adcom.
- If needed you can make notes of the responses given by the Adcom.
- Treat it as a conversation and enjoy the experience.
Best of luck.