My interview at NYU Stern was application based and taken by member of admission committee. The interviewer was courteous and attentive. After exchanging pleasantries, straightforward started with the questions based on resume first and then moved on to the application questions.
- Describe career progress as highlighted by resume. Major projects handled and leadership roles.
- Short term goal – deep dive into why such a goal
- Back-up plan in case short term goal does not materialize
- Why Stern
- How do you plan to utilize the career development resources at Stern
- Companies you wish to work for
- What unique experience do you bring to the class.
- Any plans to work in NYC after graduation.
And lastly the standard any questions for me.
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your NYU / Stern MBA admissions interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit NYU / Stern Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching NYU / Stern’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from Stern MBA applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Blind vs. Non-blind Interviews
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace