I had the interview via Skype with an adcom member. It was much more informal than I expected. Yet, the questions were centered around my career goals and recruitment strategy.
1) Initial question about my ‘Pick Six’ essay.
2) Two key highlights from my resume.
3) One example showing that I could derive insights from data.
4) How do you plan to benefit from Stern’s Office of Career Development?
5) What would be your recruitment strategy?
6) Why do you want to pursue that specific post-MBA career (social impact)?
7) Why do you want to switch careers now?
8) Target companies?
9) Plan B if career goal doesn’t work?
10) What would be the challenging part of pursuing your post-MBA goal?
11) Where do you see yourself 10-20 years from now?
12) Follow up question on my career goal.
13) Anything else you want to mention to admissions committee?
5 minutes were left for my questions and I asked two questions. Overall, I had a very positive experience, but my advice would be to be prepared for recruitment related questions. I’ve been admitted with full scholarship eventually.