• Length: 1 hour (exactly) with 10 mins for questions, around 4 mins to prep for presentation and 2-3 mins to present
• Alum was very friendly and easy to talk to
• Alum had a list of questions LBS provided and he highlighted the ones he wanted to ask me about (there were probably 4 pages of questions and he asked me about 10-15)
• Tell me about your background
• Can you explain what you do in your daily work?
• What would your co-workers say is your leadership style?
• How do you show leadership at work?
• Mention a project where you have been a leader?
• How do you work with people from different cultures?
• What do your co-workers say is your weakness?
• How have you overcome this weakness?
• Why an MBA? (surprised this question came so late)
• Why LBS?
• Your study group is a team assigned to you, sometimes you won’t get a long with a person and sometimes a person will not do all the work they are meant to do. How would you handle this situation?
• Tell me a time when you faced adversity or failed as a leader
• What have you done to not repeat this error?
Telco is a British retailer that is facing limited growth. The CEO has proposed creating a new tablet, the ‘Hudl’, that will be affordable and target the 75% market in England that does not have tablets. Do you think that this is an innovative idea? Should Telco pursue this venture?