I found other Interview Reports extraordinarily helpful in prepping for my interview, so I want to pay it forward.
Truly, there was nothing unexpected here. I was interviewed by a really wonderful second year student. He was friendly and made me feel very comfortable. If you prep with ClearAdmit’s Fuqua interview questions, you’ll be more than fine. Know your resume, know your story, anticipate answers to all iterations of sample questions. Questions definitely had a team/leadership focus.
After some small talk about where we were from and the weather, we launched into the interview. He explained that he only sees my resume and is blind to all other parts of my application. He submits a report at the end of our interview and this is just another data point that the AdCom evaluates me on. Told me it was meant to be conversational and meant to get to know me a bit better.
– Walk me through your resume and why you want to get an MBA (was surprised that he lumped these two together; it encouraged me to be chronological and organized in my response)
– How would your manager describe you? Why are you an asset to your team (specific attributes/examples)?
– Tell me about a time when you led an initiative and how you functioned as a leader.
– Why Duke?
– Best constructive feedback you ever received from a manager?
– What does Team Fuqua mean to you?
– Tell me about a time you had conflict with a coworker/team member and how you resolved it.
– You have 1 minute in front of the Admissions Committee. Go.
The last 15 minutes were reserved for my questions. We went a bit over the hour mark. Prepare, remember to breathe and you’ll be fine!
For more Duke Fuqua MBA admissions interview reports, visit our Fuqua Interview Archive!