The following Harvard Business School interview report was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant who was admitted. Congratulations to them!
I traveled from Mumbai to Boston for my Harvard Business School interview. There was a full day of activities planned for the interview invites, including a class visit, career center info session, chat with current students, lunch with faculty, campus tour, and others.) I highly recommend that any HBS interview invitees visit campus for the interview, no matter how far away they may have to travel. Just before the interview, we were given a brief 2 minute pep talk by Dee Leopold herself.
In the interview, the adcom member was very friendly. She had a thorough knowledge of my entire application, and some basic information about my industry.
• 5% of my interview was small talk and getting comfortable (it was an unusually warm day in the middle of November)
• 85% of the interview focused on high-level understanding of my role and industry
• 10% was about my personality and extra-curriculars
Questions asked (I may have missed a couple):
• Small talk
• Has the application process helped you reflect?
• How did you choose to join Jio?
• I see you now have a new role at Jio; talk about that.
• What kinds of issues do you deal with day-to-day?
• What is your typical day like?
• How important is intuition at Jio?
• How is the culture at Jio?
• Why did Reliance decide to get into consumer-facing market like telecom?
• Who are Jio’s competitors?
• How is Unilever an innovative company?
• What are your post-MBA goals?
• Tell me about your monthly Astronomy meet-ups.
• How would those close to you describe you in 3 words?
We moved rapidly through the questions. Quite conversational. No odd-ball questions.
I got my admit decision last month. Best of luck to any Harvard Business School interview invitees out there!
Preparing for an upcoming interview at Harvard? Click here to get the Clear Admit Harvard Business School Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.