The following IU / Kelley MBA interview report was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 2 applicant.
Arrived early and waited in the hotel lobby’s lounge, which was where the interview took place. Interviewer arrived 15 minutes early and asked if we could get started because he had a cancellation. Interview lasted about about 50 minutes because of the early start. Interviewer took notes and mentioned he had only reviewed my résumé. The interview was relaxed and felt like a conversation, rather than an interrogation, and the interviewer asked a lot of follow-up questions, after the standard questions.
1) Why an MBA? Why now?
2) Any geographic region you’d like to live in post-graduation?
3) Where are you originally from?
3) What would your co-workers say they like most about you? what would they say you can improve?
4) How did you hear about Kelley?
5) Anything you’d like to tell me about yourself that’s not on your resume? (last question)
Overall, I enjoyed the interview and thought IU / Kelley was trying to figure me out as a person more than professional because of the collaborative experience the school offers. Lastly, because of the casual nature of the interview I was able to learn a lot more about the school.