The following Michigan / Ross MBA interview report was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 2 applicant.
I participated in the on campus interview along with the team exercise. The whole process ran very smoothly and was well organized. The admissions director first had a brief introduction and we were then told how the interview process would work. The interview with a second-year student was pretty straight forward and didn’t include any questions that were beyond the typical MBA interview and behavioral questions.
– Tell me about yourself/walk through résumé
– Why MBA?/Why Ross?
– How will an MBA/Ross help you reach your career goals?
– Tell me about a time you had to overcome a challenge at work.
– What has been your proudest accomplishment, personally or professionally?
– Tell me about a team experience and what you learned from this experience?
– What will you contribute to the Ross community?
– Any questions for me?
The interview lasted 30 minutes and the last 5-7 minutes were left for questions.
For the team exercise, we were taken to a nearby pizza restaurant. The team exercise consisted of a brief introduction to members of your group, followed by the individual portion and group portion. For the individual portion, you are assigned some words to weave into a brief story and for the group part you get some more words and work with the group to create a presentation. Overall, the team exercise was pretty straightforward and relaxed.
Preparing for an upcoming Michigan / Ross MBA Interview? Click here to get the Clear Admit Ross School of Business Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.