The following Northwestern / Kellogg interview questions report was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant. Good luck to them!
I interviewed this past Friday AM with an admissions counselor. She was generally very friendly and the tone was quite conversational, although her demeanor was fairly serious – I believe it was because she was trying to stay engaged and take notes at the same time. Being said, I left confident that I said everything I wanted to say, but also not quite sure what she thought of me. Hopefully I’ll hear good things come December 14th. The questions were very straightforward, nothing too challenging. From what I remember, she asked the following:
- Walk me through your résumé.
- Why an MBA?
- Post-MBA Goals
- Do you think you could achieve what you want without an MBA?
- Why Kellogg?
- How will you be engaged in the community? (A few more follow-up questions on this, i.e. clubs, courses)
- What role do you play in a team/leadership style?
- What are some positive things your coworkers would say about you?
- What does a typical day at your job look like?
- What are some negative things your coworkers could possibly say about you?
- Any questions for me?
All in all, I like to think it went well, but you never know. I immediately wrote a thank you letter a few hours after and had a few friends who were current classmates and alums write notes vouching for my character and possible contribution to the community. It’s an amazing community and for sure my top choice. I wish everyone the best of luck!!
Preparing for an upcoming Northwestern / Kellogg interview? Click here to get the Clear Admit Kellogg Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.