The following Yale MBA interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant. Good luck to them!
Interview in a hotel conference room. The Adcom member was pleasant and offered polite conversation and explained the interview process before proceeding. The whole thing took exactly 30 minutes.
Prior to the interview I was asked to submit a quote that was meaningful to me.
Blind interview. Adcom stated that all interviews would be standardized to about 6 questions across all applicants interviewed.
- Walk me through your résumé.
- Why an MBA? (for me, this transitioned into my career plans… and why Yale without needing a question. I’m not sure if these would have been asked)
- Behavioral Question (Tell me about a time (professionally) you succeeded that was meaningful to you. Tell me about a time (professionally) you failed that was meaningful to you)
- Tell me about the quote you submitted.
- Yale is very diverse, What can you add to the Yale community?
- Is there anything else you want me to convey to the Adcom?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Because the interview was blind and only 30 minutes, I thought it was easy to fill the time. Nothing surprising or tricky about the experience. I think they were looking to see your communication skills. And they care about finding people who will compliment and play well within the diverse student body they cultivate.
Preparing for an upcoming Yale SOM interview? Click here to get the Clear Admit Yale SOM Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.