The following UNC Kenan-Flagler interview questions & report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant. Good luck to them!
The interview was quite social and was conducted inside the adcom’s personal office so it felt even more friendly than in a designated interview room.
The interviewer started off telling me that she did have time to look over my resume and I was surprised that my resume was highlighted on certain parts and had some side notes. (My advice: know your resume forward AND backwards). My interview ended up being 45 min (normally interviews are 30 min at UNC), but this specific adcom had a lot of questions to go through and also the candidate after me did not show up for his/her interview.
1. What did you major in? And what inspired you to pick this?
2. What are your goals? Short term and long term? And why do you want to transition into these roles? (Be ready to name some companies you are interested in. Be as specific as possible)
3. What at UNC attracted you to the program? (If you did campus tours and classroom visit, dont be afraid to tap into that experience and bring that into the conversation. I think the adcom appreciated that there were specifics I remembered from the tour and she did jot down the names of the alums and students I brought up in my conversation. I think UNC appreciates that you did in-depth research into their school and not just say generic things like “I am attracted to the strong real estate concentration here.”)
4. What did you do at XXX company? (She asked me about my experience at ALL the companies at worked at.)
5. Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it?
6. Describe a time you worked in a group and you took initiative?
7. Describe a time your coworker had a difficult time and how did you react?
8. What do you plan to get involved with at UNC?
9. Will you commit to UNC? (I told her I was applying ED so this would be my top choice. UNC would like to see you are committed to its school.)
Overall, very casual conversation with the adcom and she kept writing down notes and after notes so I was kind of self conscious about everything I said.
I am currently waitlisted after R1.
Preparing for an upcoming UNC Kenan-Flagler interview? Click here to get the Clear Admit UNC Kenan-Flagler Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.