The following Northwestern / Kellogg interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 2 applicant. Good luck to them!
I interviewed with an alumna off-campus at a coffee shop. The overall feeling of the interview was casual but informative. She asked good questions and took a ton of notes.
A few of the prominent questions were as follows (not necessarily in this order):
- Can you walk me through your résumé?
- Why are you interested in MBA/Kellogg?
- (In response to my non-traditional background) Why do you want to move into the position you are interested in post-MBA?
- Tell me two of your strengths and two of your weaknesses.
- If you got all of your colleagues together in a team, what would they say about your teamwork/leadership style?
- Tell me about a conflict you had with a teammate. How was the issue resolved? What did you gain from this experience?
- Tell me about an obstacle you have faced in your career. How did you overcome this obstacle?
- What did you learn from this experience?
The conversation was casual, with one question leading into the next and followed by back-and-forth conversation. A majority of the questions were fairly standard, but she poked a bit further into some of my answers to see how I would respond. Hopefully it went well, good luck to everyone!
Preparing for an upcoming Northwestern / Kellogg interview? Click here to get the Clear Admit Kellogg Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.