The following U. Chicago Booth interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant. Good luck to them!
I arrived early to register for an afternoon class (which ended up getting cancelled because that class had a midterm), so I sat in the waiting area for a few minutes and spoke with one current first-year student and a couple of other prospective students. Then, my interviewer came out to meet me and walked me back to a small room with just a desk and two chairs for the interview.
She started out by telling me about her background and then turned it over to me:
- Tell me about your background.
- Why an MBA? Why now?
- Why Booth?
- How will your MBA help you achieve your goals?
- Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback.
- Tell me about a time when you received surprising or unexpected feedback.
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in your career so far?
- Tell me about a time when you’ve had to deliver bad news or feedback to a team.
- What do you think is most important in teamwork?
- What role do you play on teams you are a part of?
- How have you handled situations that you weren’t prepared for in the past?
- What do you do for fun outside of work?
- Tell me about a time that you failed.
- Is there anything else we haven’t covered that you want the admissions committee to know?
- Do you have any questions for me?
The interview lasted about 40-45 minutes. Overall, there was nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected about the interview. My interviewer was friendly and she made it very conversational by giving me feedback or speaking to points I made in throughout interview. I think if you prepare for the typical MBA interview questions, you’ll do well in the Booth interview.
Preparing for an upcoming U. Chicago Booth interview? Click here to get the Clear Admit U. Chicago Booth Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.