The following Columbia MBA interview questions & report were submitted to Clear Admit by an Early Decision applicant who was admitted. Congratulations to them!
Met the interviewer very early in the morning in his office. Typical stoic interviewer with several curve ball questions:
- Tell me about yourself (follow up including what books are you currently reading? how’s my industry like post-crisis).
- Why MBA?
- Why CBS?
- Career goals.
- Ultra long-term goals (i.e. in 30 years): i improvised the response…
- What drives you?
- What if you’re staffed in a remote town with absolutely nothing in your first post-MBA job. What do you do?
- Do you see yourself staying in this city after several years? Or you want to move to Europe/Asia?
- Anything you haven’t told me in the resume.
- Any questions for me.
My interviewer submitted feedback form one hour post-interview and I got the acceptance call in 3 business days.
Preparing for an upcoming interview at Columbia? Click here to get the Clear Admit Columbia Business School Interview Guide.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand interview report to the Clear Admit Interview Archive.