The following Stanford GSB interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant. Good luck to them!
I met with a c-suite level alumni at his office (Fortune 500 company). The interview started a bit late, but he and his secretary were incredibly friendly. This was definitely the most casual of my interviews. There was no “script” he genuinely wanted to understand my story. I’m in the military, so a lot of questions were about my deployments and leadership experience.
- Short term goals
- Desired industry/function
- What questions I had for him
- Why Stanford?
- How my military skill-set would apply in the private sector
- Leading teams and working in groups
- International experience
- Handling the stress of deployment
Definitely come prepared with questions and be ready to treat it like an engaging conversation. This was a fairly “future” focused interview, showing passion and vision seemed key.
Overall, the interview went really well. It lasted just over an hour (didn’t feel like it). We also talked about his family and his life post-Stanford. I’ve heard that the interview at Stanford “doesn’t matter as much.” This is disappointing, I felt that I did well.
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your Stanford MBA admissions interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit Stanford GSB Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching Stanford’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from Stanford MBA applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Blind vs. Non-blind Interviews
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace