A Duke / Fuqua MBA interview report with questions was submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant who interviewed on-campus during the Weekend for Women event.
Interviewed during Fuqua’s Weekend for Women event, but the interview format was the same as all of their on-campus interviews. I was with a 2nd year student and he was super nice/conversational. He did take notes during the interview, but it was mostly just chatting. One thing I noted about my interview (and other women mentioned to me about their interviewers as well) is that we had nothing in common in terms of academic background/pre-MBA career/post-MBA career plan. I think that might have been on purpose to try and get you to find common ground with your interviewer even though your backgrounds are different.
a mix of standard MBA-related things and behavioral questions:
- Why MBA/Why Fuqua/Why Now?
- Walk me through your resume
- What is your leadership style?
- Describe a time you had to make a compromise at work
- Describe a time you were on a team and faced a challenge
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- If you had 1 minute in front of the admissions committee right now, what would you tell them?
Also had about 10 minutes to walk through questions for him about his experience at Fuqua. Overall interview was about 45 minutes.
Ended up being admitted and will most likely be attending Fuqua.
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your Duke / Fuqua admissions interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit Duke / Fuqua Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching Fuqua’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from Duke Fuqua MBA applicants themselves
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Blind Interviews vs. Non-blind Interviews
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace