The following Georgetown McDonough MBA interview questions and report were submitted to Clear Admit by a Round 1 applicant.
I am very happy to finally got admitted to Georgetown McDonough after reapplying on Round 1 this year. I was waitlisted from Round 2 to Round 4 last year before finally got dinged without an interview.
I received my interview invite around 1 month after the Round 1 deadline. My interview was with Adcom. It was a blind interview in which the Adcom only had my resume. The interview lasted around 30 minutes.
For technical advise, I suggest applicants to download the Zoom application prior to the interview, look your email 5-15 minutes before the interview (in case the Adcom ask you to send him/her your resume, just like my case), and prepare your passport or citizen ID to be shown to the Adcom.
1) Tell me about yourself, career progression up until now (please limit in 2 minutes)
2) Tell me about your side business
3) Short term and long term goal
4) Why MBA & Why now
5) Why Georgetown
6) What would be the main challenge in your role post MBA
7) What is your greatest accomplishment
8) Tell me a time when you had a conflict with your peers / supervisor and how did you resolve it
9) What would your peers / supervisor say about your strength
10) What would they say about your area of improvement
11) Do you have any questions for me
Overall, I think the interview was great and quite conversational. I had practiced most of the questions. And finally, I am happy to get admitted to the school. This is my first school choice.
After your interview, be sure to add your first-hand account of the Georgetown MBA interview questions to the Clear Admit MBA Interview Archive.