Cornell Johnson MBA Interview: I came before classes started so I didn’t see many applicants in the waiting room. Chatted with friendly admissions receptionist before being picked up by AdCom. I was with AdCom member and a student interviewer in training so total of two people in the private office of that AdCom member.
- Asked: “Walk me through your resume”
- Asked to justify why I had switched companies/job progression
- Long term and short term goals
- Why Cornell
- How would I take advantage of career management center
- What activities would I take advantage of outside classroom ie, extracirriculuars
- Asked if there is anything else I wanted to share with AdCom
She was pretty poker faced, couldn’t read how I was doing with her. Overall tense experience but got in with $$
Preparing for your Cornell Johnson MBA Admissions Interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit S.C. Johnson Graduate School of Management Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching Johnson’s interview questions, and more.
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from Cornell Johnson MBA applicants themselves
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace