I participated in the full-day experience — went to class in the morning, went on a campus tour, etc. My interview was in the afternoon. They called a group of us up to a separate room, and then one by one the interviewers pulled us into small conference rooms.
My interviewer asked me to tell her about myself, then chose a project at random on my resume and asked me to describe it to her and why I thought it was important.
It surprised me how deep we went into this topic – it was rapid-fire follow-up questions for most of the 30 mins. I had read the harbus guide prior to interviewing and in all honesty, that was only half helpful.
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your Harvard Business School interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Clear Admit Harvard Business School Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching Harvard’s post-interview reflection essay, interview questions, and more.
- Interview Tips: Top HBS MBA Interview Tips from Actual Interviewees
- Podcast Episode 28: How to Interview at Harvard Business School
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Blind vs. Non-Blind
- Podcast Episode 22: HBS Admissions Director Chad Losee Dishes on the MBA Interview, Essays, Financial Aid, and More