I had my Anderson interview over video with a second-year student. Overall, I’d say it was the most conversational of all the interviews I had which I really appreciated as I got to ask questions about his experience and his overall demeanor definitely calmed my nerves.
No major curve balls or unexpected questions. The interviewer was super nice and was clearly really excited about Anderson.
– Walk me through your resume
– Why MBA / why Anderson / why now (he pressed on the timing)
– What clubs would I want to join and why
– What role do I currently play in my community, things I’m involved in outside work, etc
– An example of a time I led a community project
– What skills do I think are transferable from my current industry to my desired industry
Since all they see is your resume, there’s a lot of room to go off the page and go deeper in what interests you and why so I’d definitely recommend thinking about what key things you want the interviewer to take away as highlights. Our conversation definitely reaffirmed my interest in Anderson!
Clear Admit Resources
Preparing for your UCLA Anderson MBA admissions interview? Check out Clear Admit’s other resources:
- Interview Archive: More firsthand accounts from UCLA Anderson MBA applicants themselves
- Podcast Episode 23: 5 Most Common MBA Interview Questions You Need to Ace
- Clear Admit UCLA Anderson Interview Guide: Strategic tips for approaching UCLA’s interview questions, and more.
- Understanding the MBA Admissions Interview: Blind vs. Non-blind Interviews